The Icy “Warm Market”: 5 Tips to Avoid the Tundra Zone
Wikipedia definitions: Warm Market – In sales and direct marketing, your warm market is said to be the people you know, which could be friends, family, and existing customers, even referrals are said to be warm.
You are HOT! You’ve just joined your first network marketing company and you’re ready to fire up the market! Or, maybe this is not your first MLM, but it’s the same scenario because this time things will be different. This is the One who will change your life. The product is amazing and the opportunity is even better! You are sure that this Network Marketing will be a stress free way for you to enjoy personal and financial success. You’re on your way to making it happen!
Your upline millionaire mentors told you to first start making a list of your friends, family, acquaintances, and anyone you’ve been in contact with in the past 10 years. This is the “Warm Market” listing. They may have even introduced you to the Memory Jogger so you don’t forget anyone. The memory broker is basically a list of all the service industries, associations, occupations, or other keywords that might trigger a potential prospect. Your brain is spinning and you are seeing success within your reach!
Your list is done and you’re off! You are through your immediate family, to your relatives, friends, teachers, coaches. Then your accountant, your plumber, your dentist, your doctor, and no one will stop you! Everyone needs to be informed about your amazing Product and Opportunity!
A funny thing happens next. You notice your friends stop returning your calls. You are not invited to the family reunion. All the employees avoid you at the grocery store. Acquaintances seem to ignore you. His son’s teacher cancels his parent conference. And, if this isn’t your first network marketing or MLM venture, you might hear some whispering or giggling behind your back. It has to be your imagination… right?
Okay, maybe it’s not that extreme, but tapping into your warm market with your first or 5th MLM or network marketing business can blow a sub-zero breeze into your relationships. Your enthusiasm, your credibility, your persistence, and even the fact that your product or opportunity is truly amazing, can boost your career. However, building your business using this method could not only damage your friendships, but also lead to an underdeveloped base for your downline.
Regardless of what type of business or industry you’re in, you want to build on a strong foundation. You certainly don’t want your base to “melt” under you because you build it with people more interested in helping. you to help themselves. Make sure you’re building with like-minded people who will work with you to continue building success for everyone on the Team.
Here are 5 tips to avoid the tundra zone:
1. Learn to avoid the hot market. as your first point of contact! Remember, these are your family and friends and they are nosy! As they see that you are successful, they will start to ask you what you are doing and then you can get them to beg for the information. Or just take the opportunity to share the good fortune! Let them come to you.
2. Create a marketing campaign. based on leads from people who are like-minded or have a need or want for what you have to offer. This can be done through many different avenues, including buying leads directly or generating your own through the internet. Your best prospect is a targeted lead!
3. Use the Internet to develop your business. Build a website or have one designed for you with a landing page that generates leads. Do not rely solely on the Company’s website or one provided to you by the Company. That site was designed for information, not lead generation!
4. Use an automated reply and a good means of capturing the data your site collects. This data is your lead feed and it’s the qualified leads you want! These people are your true “Hot Market”. They are looking to learn more about what you are offering them and they took steps to get it.
5. Use the phone! Get savvy on the phone by contacting potential customers who are waiting for you to contact them, not avoiding you at all costs! Call them while they’re hot, follow up, and let their incredible enthusiasm for your top product/opportunity do the rest! Network marketing is a business of people helping people.
Your success and smart business practices will keep your warm market from going icy and keep your family and friends by your side! Remember, you are 100% responsible for making your success happen! The right training and marketing tools are essential to achieving true success without stress.